Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions "The Scarlet Letter"
      All times are GMT  

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:55 pm
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: "The Scarlet Letter" Reply with quote

I think that another feature that is LONG overdue is some type of system by which other players can tell how many times a certain username has been banned for cheats or bad behavior. Sort of a readily visible badge of shame, so that other players can "beware" of such scoundrels. And would also serve as a deterrent to such behavior in the future. Maybe it could be included when someone does an "info command" on said player for instance. That shouldn't be too hard right?

To me, this type of info as just as important as how many other accounts they have or how many points their top account is... Idea

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:04 pm
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand that this is not feasible at this time, I still think this would be a great idea, when deciding whether or not to hit "JOIN" with unknown entities in the lobby

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:49 pm
judd
Planet

if they implemented this...... i'd never get a game again Laughing

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:01 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Modified Plan. Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean everyone makes mistakes. To have this permanently labeled on them is a bit too harsh. I believe there could be a temporary label under unruly names that showed they had just recently committed a crime and after a period of good behavior, could be removed. Sound fair? Smile

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

Nice suggestion Yiles, and I agree with Josh's addition. Years ago I also came up with possibly being able to 'untick' players in the lobby if you don't want them in your game for any reason, i.e. if that particular person is an annoyance, plays an unfair game or you were just trying to get into a 2p with someone and you end up in a game with someone else..especially when they have much lower pts. Happened to all of us.

All the while its great to come up with new suggestions, there is a very slim chance that these will be implemented as the only person that can reprogramme GM is Kreso... and I think he joined Nemo because we're still trying to find him Laughing

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 am
highvoltage
Planetoid

wow man i don't really like this at all. i already got enough to deal wit my parole officer on my azz. drunk and disorderly conduct. lol Laughing

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:45 pm
XCITE
Asteroid

Didn't you know your parole officer is also a regular player here? Laughing

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:26 am
highvoltage
Planetoid

Post subject: huh??? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ok i not sure if u just tryin 2 freak me out or not but that crap scares me. i dont think u r, but i did find my real officer on myspace b4 and we chatted. i was supposed to be home but i was on myspace from cell phone at party. i said hey and he said it too and we talked for a bit then we realized each other and i got SCREWED. lmao. Laughing but naw he ok guy just strict.

and if it is u I SWEAR i at home now! Shocked Wink

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:49 pm
Yiles
Moon

Look, it's like this.

If you don't want a bad reputation- keep your nose clean.

And there is nothing more frustrating than not knowing who you get in a game with, only to have the game turn to poop because of some moron who has been banned countless times, and you didn't know.

Having said all that- I would still play with Judd, and whoop his ****- cause he's my favorite bird Wink

Bruce Lee wrote:

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:30 am
Jinn
Planetoid

As far as in game I don't think it is necessary. On the forum is another story.

A warn script would greatly benefit this community. It allows moderators to warn users that displays on a publicly viewable warn bar located in the users avatar. In addition levels of warn can carry penalties such as reduced access to forums, flood penalties etc.

Karma is another viable option as the community polices itself in effect. Users are less likely to flame when they know a karmic cost will be paid. There is a downside to this as it will inevitably attract someone who wants to have a very bad karma score and will intentionally start flame wars, however time based bans are an effective cure to that.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Perfect Reply with quote

*clap* Very Happy Wow, Jinn. You pretty much summarized the perfect plan for the forums. Very Happy

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:39 am
jmf81
Planetoid

I like the idea and am in agreement with yiles