Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Accepting Multiple Trades
      All times are GMT  

Do you think Accepting multiple trade offers is fair or not?
Fair
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Not Fair
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 am
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Accepting Multiple Trades Reply with quote

I was in a game today which made me re-think about one unfair strategy in the game ,yet noone has really raised an issue over it ( or i might have missed it) - accepting multiple trades at the same time...

i would not give a player cash if i know simultaneously he is getting pinks or greens in another trade, will i ? but i need a property and send him cash for something , he is being pretty slick, takes two or three trades at a time ( in a gap of seconds at time , so we dont know what is going on! ) , and has a bunch of properties and all the cash he needs and what can we do ? its like everyone togeter handed the game over to this person ?

is it possible to implement a rule saying that only one trade can be done per roll ? i am not strictly for it , but some people abuse this loophole , so i would like to hear the pros and cons if such a rule is implemented before any decision is made.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 am
Jinn
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think its just a risk you take when you offer money in exchange for a property.

I see nothing unfair about it unless the deal does not benefit both parties involved.

Is it bad mannered? Perhaps, but there is a difference between bad manors and cheating.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:20 am
jmf81
Planetoid

Agree with Jinn. It is unfortunate for other players but is something you risk in multi player games. It's not unfair if it benefits both parties to the trade

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 pm
Fort
Planet

In case u suspect something like that,
1.Ask other player to send you trade request
2.Do not keep your sent offers open for long time.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:52 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

let me put this in more simple words .... so jmf and jinn would actually understand what i am talking about
I will cite an example for this - in a multiplayer game, 3 different people own a set ( lets say cyan ) and one of them is pretty low in cash , so he offers me one cyan for 600 , i do not accept the trade ( but do not reject it either) , i send a trade to the third guy for cyan for 600, he rejects and sends me for 800 . i have two offers and i accept it within a gap of a second ( giving me a cyan set) !

is this fair or not ?

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:28 pm
trace567

This was talked about once before to the best of my knowledge. On a moderator front its a tough one. Provided the trades accepted can be classified as not cheat trades, there's nothing really we can do.

If the accepting of one trade, followed by another then makes say the 2nd accepted unfair, you can report it. We are able to see the time of a offer sent and the exact time accepted. So if its say 3 secs between them we can tell.

I don't think its possible to make a rule as such. As sometimes the 2 trades don't interfere with the other. If someone accepts trades like this, and it becomes a case that your trade is then technically a cheat trade (I wonder if people don't report for fear of being punished). Provided it is stated in the complaint what has happened, we can go back and see the times etc sent and accepted, to judge if there was time to recall. Thus, the sender wouldn't be point reduced, only the acceptor.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:53 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: KERESH COME BACK PLEASE!!! Reply with quote

If trade offers were able to been seen by other players, then we could prepare for such an instance. It is rather unsettling for me when any trade by another player is conducted as I all of a sudden see properties switch places. I then have to alter my strategy, often significantly, to accommodate for the switch. It would also minimize the risk of cheat trades as another player could clearly examine the trade being conducted. However, this could be a hindrance to strategy and would require software updates. (note the subject)

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm
trace567

When a trade is accepted, if you click on the Log tab above chat box. It says what the trade was. If this helps.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 pm
theunknownamus

Oh! Thank you Trace. However, I was talking about the offers themselves. If the other players could see whom was offering what to whom, everyone could prepare for the change. Although I'm not sure if this would be a fun challenge that would even the playing field or a lengthly hinderance that would cause the game to last forever at a standstill. Confused

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:45 pm
trace567

Well in honesty I don't think even if Kreso had the time it would ever be done. Thing about trades is if everyone could see suggested trades, players would obviously try and talk them out of it, for their own gain. Thus would ruin the whole trade ability.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 am
jmf81
Planetoid

MATTIE wrote:
let me put this in more simple words .... so jmf and jinn would actually understand what i am talking about

is this fair or not ?

OK, I get it now Embarassed I agree not really fair but can see what trace is saying about it being difficult to do anything about it