Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions top players that dont play
      All times are GMT  

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCrabbs wrote:
If there is to be any reform of the points, we could cut every player on GM's points back to 1000, but only if tournaments are scrapped. In that way the new points order will at least reflect Kreso's system. And having taken the drastic move of zeroing all accounts, mods would have to be mad to reintroduce tournaments, which should mean the end of tournaments for good. And think how easy it would be to get a game.

HOWEVER, I pity the new player who joins just after the points are all zero'ed! So, in my view, scrap the tournaments, and don't touch the points. Over time, inflation will let us catch the top 10, and they will have to play or lose their places.

While a "Fight Club" like economic Armageddon would be fun to watch, a glorious nightmare is not what GM needs. It would be dishearting and turn many away. Not to mention, new players could be demolished by experts and not be able to tell whom they are. Time allows progress to increase and more new players will eventually move into the top.

In conclusion, legends are made, not born. Whenever I look at the top list, I see inspiration, not intimidation. While it can be bewildering, I wish for all to want to overcome the 100k, 200k, 300k mountians and build towering statues of their own. 400k, 500k, 1 million even can happen. The sky is the limit.

Sim wrote:
Points are peanuts. Cool
[/quote]

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

how would it be archived they were the greatest player ever if their points are altered just b/c they rnt playing?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:05 am
sim5
Planet

its very easy to replace top 10
just give enough oppertunity to every1 to make some good points by playing some tough & big competitive games which is not happening

once we will c more & more people in top 10 regularly all those who have higher points will going to come out of their den

No expectations, no disappointments.