Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion stalling reports = opening/bidding reports?
      All times are GMT  

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 pm
HHHfan
Moon

Post subject: stalling reports = opening/bidding reports? Reply with quote

Ok, maybe this deserves its own topic.

Since you cant prove stalling, and it is a annoying, repeated reports of stalling will get you punished, and to my knowledge, there is no rule written against stalling.

There is, however, a rule written about disadvantageous bidding! So, since when you open someone elses property it is only in your interest to bid it up! And the rules say you must bid it up, and you cant enforce the rule because you cant track this, much like stalling.

So, fair would be repeated reports of disadvantageous opening/bidding should get at least the same consideration as stalling, duh, there is actually a rule against the disadvantageous bidding! Idea

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I can't see that working at all.

By far too many differences of opinion, and variables to allow players to decide when a auction was or wasn't a good one.

Plus those who do use the auction tactic could unwittingly become in trouble, even if their action was not against the rules of advancing.

Until mods have better faclities (kreso only person who can provide that) I believe your flogging a dead horse so to speak.

But I know you will find some reason to continue, you always do!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:06 pm
trace567

I thought I was posting on the other thread!

I think the forum requires the use of contraceptives......we appear to be breeding threads.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:20 pm
HHHfan
Moon

I can show the rule against disadvantageous bidding, can you show me the rule about stalling?

You will enforce stalling, a nonexistent rule as far as I know, when there is no way to prove stalling! However, you will not enforce one of the most clearly written rules in the game with enough reports? This makes no logical sense!

You can't prove stalling, but you will punish it with enough reports. SHOW ME KRESO'S RULE ON STALLING PLEASE! You wont, however, punish people for breaking a clearly written rule with enough reports?

My solution, when in doubt, don't auction an opponents third property unless your ready to bid, or your butt will be punished eventually! FOLLOW THE RULES FOR A CHANGE! Idea

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:37 pm
theunknownamus

"Change is good". Smile

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm
jaord_b
Moon

HHHfan wrote:
I can show the rule against disadvantageous bidding, can you show me the rule about stalling?

You will enforce stalling, a nonexistent rule as far as I know, when there is no way to prove stalling! However, you will not enforce one of the most clearly written rules in the game with enough reports? This makes no logical sense!

You can't prove stalling, but you will punish it with enough reports. SHOW ME KRESO'S RULE ON STALLING PLEASE! You wont, however, punish people for breaking a clearly written rule with enough reports?

My solution, when in doubt, don't auction an opponents third property unless your ready to bid, or your butt will be punished eventually! FOLLOW THE RULES FOR A CHANGE! Idea

so what would you suggest is a base price for opening a players third prop this will also be an issue in the game this rule change would be abit hard to inforce although the idea is a plausible one

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 pm
HHHfan
Moon

Well, all I'm saying, according to the rules, if you auction off an opponents property, bid once or twice, then let it go, for obviously too low a price, and yes, if you auction off a third property, especially green, bid once or twice and let it go, then by kreso's rules (rule b) you have cheated! It is considered by rule, to be cooperative play, which is teamwork, which is illegal!

What I have suggested, is that, since they can't prove, they say, if someone does this any more than they can prove if someone has stalled, implement the same rule as stalling. If you get repeatedly reported auctioning off peoples property, bidding once or twice, and letting it go for obviously too low a price, then you should be punished!

It's simple to me, and it goes like this:

So far, nobody has been able to show me kreso's rule against stalling, perhaps there is one I am unaware of and can't find. No rule against stalling, cant prove stalling, yet, if you are reported for it enough, you will be punished, and for the record, I don't disagree with this, just pointing it out.

Now, there is a clearly written rule against cooperative play via not bidding property up in spite of it being a disadvantage. If this gets reported, it gets pushed under the rug, but the rule is there plain as day. So, if someone gets reported for this enough times, just like "stalling" there should be a punishment for breaking the rules!

Instead, people who break this rule get patted on the back and told what a wonderful "strategy" it is to give an otherwise done for player in a game property and a chance to beat you, it is to laugh at!