Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of t
      All times are GMT  

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:27 pm
hooper
Asteroid

Post subject: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of t Reply with quote

I've been trying to download the game for several times now and I always get the error message "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." once I try to install the program. Is this a problem with the server or is something wrong with my installer? Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the message about it being corrupted coming from windows, or virus software, or the installer itself?

When do you receive the message? After you have installed, or during the install process etc?

If the message is coming from windows? If you haven't already tried, I would suggest rebooting the pc before trying to re-open it.
If this doesn't work, perhaps try uninstalling GM (if installed), delete the exe files (where you downloaded to) reboot the system. Then try downloading them again.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 pm
hooper
Asteroid

Post subject: re Reply with quote

it fails on the initial setup process just after downloading the program. i've already tried rebooting the pc but it still fails. i'm not sure if there is something in my pc preventing the setup.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 pm
hooper
Asteroid

this message also comes up when i open the setup file. "This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. You should only run software from publishers you trust." maybe this is the cause.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 pm
hooper
Asteroid

does GM play in vista? i think this is the reason. if so, is there any way that it will play in vista?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 pm
bezma2

I have vista and i had no problems to instal GM ( the old and the new version ) . This second message you get is a worning from your antivirus program . I think you should try to download setup of game on your pc and than instal the game from place you downloaded on your pc . When this message apair you just click on ok , i trust this publisher , or on install anyway tab .

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 pm
trace567

"This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher" this is because the setup is not known, unlike say microsoft or other big companies. As its just small time freeware its not part of their known safe publishers so to speak.
So just click yes on that part of the install.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm
hooper
Asteroid

that is what i do. i just click on allow and the message that pops up is the one that i posted initially. this is really frustrating. Crying or Very sad

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:42 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

hey hooper try this
look in your pc program files and delete anything any folder related to galactic magnate,
then delete the old download ,

thn try downloading the setup again here and try to install

hope it works
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:27 pm
bezma2

And one more thing: Try to instal the game in place you chose .Click on browse when asked , and instal the game in diferent place on your comp .
For example if you have two Hard Disc instal the game on other one . not on disc where setup ,exe. wont to install the game .