Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Fingerbang is back and better then ever!
      All times are GMT  

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort wrote:
Hey trace i can tell you, careful of this old bugger Laughing

@finger wassup bro !

Fortsta! My boy. As you can see I am back and better then ever!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 am
jaord_b
Moon

Post subject: Re: Fingerbang is back and better then ever! Reply with quote

fingerbun wrote:
The prodigal son has returned.

Though currently out of form and in need of some practise, in my prime I would argue I was one of the best, if not the best under the two player format. For the older GM players you will note some changes. Firstly, I have been forced to change my forum name to “fingerbun”. Although my forum name is changed I am still the very handsome, bad ass, jabroni beating, son of a gun I always was.

To the new kids here, you probably don’t know who I am. I am kind of a big deal, but due to fascist and somewhat jealous moderators (and there loyal followers) a lot of my posts where deleted. If you see me in the lobby don’t be afraid, I am nice as pie but it wont stop me from giving your ass whooping on the boards. If your lucky, I may even give you advice.

Unfortunately the only was to beat me is to be lucky. If you are indeed a lucky player you may have a chance.

Now, where is Aussie? She will be happy to hear from me.

I remember you... I remember whipping your ass quite a few times I also remember you using mathematics calculations as part of your strategy didn't seem to work with my strat which was adapt inflate bluff strategy.

anyways good luck to you mr fingerbang I wish you all the luck you and your GM come back you never know we might get to play again if I ever find time to play this game again competitively.

Peace out Jarod

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am
Magflag
Ex Moderator

fingerbun wrote:
The prodigal son has returned.

Interesting self-title there. I for one will take the lesson that goes with it, albeit a Biblical one that most of you are probably not familiar with.

I think we can move on from the past, of course it isn't always negative to make sure the air is cleared.

I am not hugely familiar with fingerbun/fingerbang, I remember seeing his name and I remember his posts involving numbers/mathematics in GM. Those were much appreciated by me and actually inspired me to start my own experiment and data recording. Unfortunately the project never finished. I also remember playing a round or two with fingerbang, and I distinctly remember losing due to one mistake I made right before the economic collapse.

Fingerbun has brought up a point that I think is important to focus on. This game's popularity, while not solely reliant on the internal members (but also on the advertisement that can really only come from the creator), is still directly effected by them and namely the ones with the power to effect the social system with in the game and/or forums. I think the best thing we can do off game is encourage discourse and thus the continuity of said discourse. However the best thing we can do for the game as a whole is teach new players what it means to be a part of the Galactic Magnate experience. I think we should spend a lot more time in the game holding conversations and inviting others to join us there and off the game (via the forums).

The admins are our best chance to create a great social environment, but the individuals that are dedicated to the game are our best chance to grow the amount of active members by encouraging newcomers with advice and tips.

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound preachy, but if Fingerbang is really back better than ever, then perhaps its a call for us to improve upon ourselves.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:24 am
fingerbun
Planet

Well said sir.

Indeed new players need to be somewhat taken under “our wing“. Not bullied and threatened with bans. I have noticed a big difference in peoples attitudes since coming back. Many games I am ‘threatened’ to be reported. Usually it’s me swearing in frustration, not directly at a player. Sometimes I quickly grab my calculator to do sums (yes I play with a calculator) and get told I will be banned for time wasting. Even when I type “give me a sec, need to figure something out”. Come on? Really?

If players don’t like what another player is saying, mute them. The game has a timer which I assume is there for players to use. I usually play very fast but once or twice I will take a minute to re-access my position and what I need if the game is close. 40% of the time I do this I am threatened. What a joke. It will take these players more time to make a report then the time they had to wait for me.

It’s human physiology, if something is done often enough, people will do it themselves or see it as the ‘norm’. Reasoning for this can be because a member has been previously banned and looking for revenge or reads the forum and sees that most of the topics here are people tattling on each other. Monkey see, monkey do.

This reason, and the fact that political correctness has gone out of control here may be the suspects for a diminishing membership.