Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions GM is Dying.
      All times are GMT  

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:48 pm
BrownSandwich
Planetoid

Post subject: GM is Dying. Reply with quote

Things have to change.

The forums are dead, there are no games. I see about one new player a week tops, and there are no other new players for them to play with and so they leave. Gm needs new blood. Without a steady influx of players the game has been dying slowly as the older players leave/ are banned one by one.

It seems the main reason for the lack of new players is that various virus protection software companies have labeled GM as malware. This results in us being on page 4 or 5 on a google search for monopoly games, along with telling some people downloading it that it is a virus or suspicious. There has to be a way to resolve this issue, either by re-writing sections of the program to their specifications or finding a server to host it (there are various gaming sites who I believe would host it, correct me if wrong).

I'm not 100% sure as to how to fix this issue, but something needs to be done, or else it will be just 3 or 4 of us meeting weekly for a game.

Has anyone spoke with Kreso on the state of affairs here?
Does he even care?

There has to be something we as a community of intelligent people can come together and do to resolve this, otherwise people will just eventually stop coming around.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what we have so far as possibilities, as far as I know:

1. Gathering a group of programmers (so far we have only ranban), to offer to help Kreso out or simply take over the mechanics of the game, so we can make changes.

2. Maybe seeking a buyer to buy Kreso out? Someone who won't ignore the game.

3. Relaxing moderating on the forums, since we all know it's been quite severe sometimes.

4. Viral marketing (facebook etc), possibly by providing players with in-game incentives of points to publicise the game.

5. Fighting this "virus" nonsense. But how?

6. Involving more players, to get more of this done. Let people implement plans, and see how they get on.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:35 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Dont know about GM dying, but the forum seems to have totally died.... its like zzzzzzzzzzzzzz pointless really come on here apart from to see who is in the run for biggest cheat of the week Laughing

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:28 pm
theunknownamus

This is news how? Laughing jk