Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion List of Galactic Magnate Justices
      All times are GMT  

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

Post subject: List of Galactic Magnate Justices Reply with quote

Can someone give me a list of all the Galactic Magnate Justices? Since trace retired, the only Justice I ever see making decisions is CYN. If you look to the top of the forum it lists the "moderators." It reads "CYN, Beretta, ranban282." Are the latter two Justices as well as moderators? How come I never see them passing judgment?

It would seem to me that Galactic Magnate is in need of a Justice selection. If CYN would like me to promote an open volunteer availability while waiting for games to start I don't mind doing so. I think that CYN does a great job as a Justice, but it would still be good to have another active Justice. The Supreme Court here in the USA has 9 Justices with one of those being elected Chief Justice. Right now it appears we just have one Chief Justice and nothing else.

What does everyone else think? Maybe there is a player who has an impeccable history who would fill the position if he knew it were open.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: MODS Reply with quote

There are not any justices in this free internet game, please quit comparing it to the law and governmental parties of the U.S.
I am currently the admin and head mod, there are two mods at this time, they are unable to be here much but do check in.
We were unable to find any others when we looked for mods however Kreso is aware and if we ever get busier or there is an issue then we will then again recruit new mods, however with only about 20-30 people playing currently it isnt likely. I am moving this as you have posted in the complaint section. Please use other sections when making suggestions or just making observations or have comments.

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 pm
bezma2

Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this topic was in right section . nock Turnal is protesting and with good reason . Since Trace and I move from mod job there are only one moderator and she is doing all alone . iam on GM since 2007 and there was always minimum 3-4 mods and not only becouse of number of players but for right justice . 2-3 mods can do better justice than one ....but...who ask players and members of GM . Its all about one pearson , one justice , one rule ...Cyn

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:21 pm
trace567

Whilst I do not agree with nockturnals comparing GM to USA justice system, I do (as is known from the past) fully support a system by which there be enough moderators to create balance in rulings. Also to be able to deal with disputes fairly and as quickly as possible. To enable ALL users the availability of enough moderators that they can turn to whichever one is their preferred to highlight and address any error of which they feel MAY have occurred. Finally for the active moderating "team" to approach each other via mod section to gain assistance or view points from other moderators should they experience a complaint of which is tricky.

I do not recall having seen any other moderator but CYN post in response to a complaint by a player since 26th Dec 2011. This is now over 6 months ago. So why is that, and why is it ok for there to still be only one active moderator?
If there is a issue with mods being unavailable then start seeking more....like you say the player pool is a bit short for recruiting, so wouldn't it be better to start the ball rolling now.....rather than later when there is a "problem"?

Is it more a case that kreso IS aware of the situation, but not so much that he is OK with it, but that he simply cannot do anything to change it at this point in time? Since his work and home commitments for the moment mean he cannot be here to recruit and train new mods. So he has no choice but to be OK with it. But does he like it? Well I don't know, only he can answer that.

Is it that you don't want new mods CYN? Is it that you didn't even look after the ones that you recruited at xmas? You tell us? What went wrong? You got 2 new mods of which pretty much have done NOTHING. Why is that? Is it their fault? Or is it their leaders fault?
Why are you so anti recruiting more mods, unless player numbers rise (fat chance of that happening with no tourneys or incentives to keep things alive)? But you will recruit IF there is a problem....but by then the problem will be there and surely that is too late, don't you think?

Are you expecting the new mods to return?

And finally CYN.....why is it that for many months the forum was set to "admin account activation only".....this meant ALL new forum users accounts had to be verified by yourself before they could post on them.

The forum was set on "user email activation" when I left modship.

I emailed kreso when there were 50 new accounts without a single post made between them. Here is the very list:

1 Dalinggirl 05 May 2012 0
2 Poyel Roma 01 May 2012 0
3 devridaim 21 Apr 2012 0
4 rigor53 21 Apr 2012 0
5 shijin123 20 Apr 2012 0
6 TwoFresh 18 Apr 2012 0
7 Maleolus 12 Apr 2012 0
8 morntrof 11 Apr 2012 0
9 soulseven 07 Apr 2012 0
10 wprime 05 Apr 2012 0
11 ExToDi 30 Mar 2012 0
12 Iranasa 23 Mar 2012 0
13 Falun 20 Mar 2012 0
14 Chill is back 05 Mar 2012 0
15 mehmetbjk10 04 Mar 2012 0
16 Interceptor 02 Mar 2012 0
17 Riddick 28 Feb 2012 0
18 sk020372 11 Feb 2012 0
19 punit India 11 Feb 2012 0
20 DEDEX 10 Feb 2012 0
21 iubire 10 Feb 2012 0
22 DayFairy 09 Feb 2012 0
23 NeveuBarnes 04 Feb 2012 0
24 AmicoPendergast 03 Feb 2012 0
25 Nvt 01 Feb 2012 0
26 Robot11 30 Jan 2012 0
27 babjames 23 Jan 2012 0
28 Andreson 23 Jan 2012 0
29 kev1885 21 Jan 2012 0
30 ROBERT43 18 Jan 2012 0
31 sajadnajafi 09 Jan 2012 0
32 sada08 07 Jan 2012 0
33 aglgbnf 30 Dec 2011 0
34 wasawasa4 United Kingdom 30 Dec 2011 0
35 MegaLuis Peru 30 Dec 2011 0
36 skyyjujff 28 Dec 2011 0
37 lopujfb26 26 Dec 2011 0
38 yuhui123 23 Dec 2011 0
39 oyekiddha 22 Dec 2011 0
40 mryhea21 21 Dec 2011 0
41 cuicui222 18 Dec 2011 0
42 woueup80 16 Dec 2011 0
43 Furrymana 13 Dec 2011 0
44 garanty 13 Dec 2011 0
45 KoalaHaHa 07 Dec 2011 0
46 iowpude70 03 Dec 2011 0
47 zhouyu895 23 Nov 2011 0
48 PPLVS3396 USA 16 Nov 2011 0
49 sedaylkm 13 Nov 2011 0
50 Bunner 02 Nov 2011 0

Kreso changed the setting back after I emailed him the list of users you had blocked from using the forum!

Care to explain CYN? Is it any wonder GM is falling down down down? You even say your self that there are only 20-30 active users now!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:21 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Sure I'll explain .... I set it to admin long ago due to an issue of bad names being made, when it all calmed i would of switched it back...but you handled that with Kreso.
As for the mods Ranban just this week informed me he is unable to be mod anymore and Beretta is around from time to time, he did have computer issues for awhile and had to contact Kreso as he forgot his password to the admin (its what he told me anyway and I had no reason to doubt him)
I am not anti new mod, if anyone is interested in being a mod and has at least some experience on GM they can contact me.
I will now have to post in announcements as ranbans final decision came today.
I understand it is best to have more than one mod and the reasons why, but until we do find someone I will continue to do my best to answer any complaints in a timely fashion.
While I am aware there have always been bad feelings between bez and I , I was unaware of your true feelings until you quit, you hid them well.
Neither here nor there you feel the way you feel and it is what it is but the accusations and statements made of late are not appreciated neither are the emails (not speaking of you Trace) Anyway, I would like things to get back on track and am hoping that whatever personal issues anyone has with me can be put aside or at least left off of here and just keep it on a game and game issue basis.
As I said, I will be making a post to see if anyone is interested in becoming a mod for GM

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 pm
trace567

November to May the forum was out of bounds to New users 7 months!

As for the password issue, I know he has issues.....BUT if he can log into GM game on his mod account the issue is not of a forgotten password!
If the problem persists on his being unable to access admin I would suggest having kreso move his mod account to a different account name for him, as that "should" clear the problem entirely. He might then finally be able to be a moderator.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

He contacted him and it has been fixed

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm
trace567

Good, glad thats resolved.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:35 pm
bezma2

Its not about You and Me Cyn . Its about GM . I didnt have any issues with you . I had issues with your job here when you was a head mod before Trace . You did nothing than , and that was the only reason why you lose the headmod job . Trace was nice and let you to be mod even I was against ,and reason was becouse you find plenty reasons ( many of them lies )to do nothing and you did continue to do nothing when you was a "simple" mod .. Now , when Trace left due her personal reasons you didnt wait a minute to get back headmod title and to kick all curently mods in that time . The only reason was that you like to rule and to work alone . Like i said ...one pearson...one justice...one rule .....Cyn . But , it cant stay forever . People see...people read .... they are not naive and stupid like you think they are .
Now ..... start working your job here .... its not only compalin section ...... find new mods .... with them you can start with tournaments ( must try to organize every month not only once in 6 months )... reopen some forum sections ..... make people interested for this game ..... learning them how to play .... and many other things ..... and please , stop with lies ..... once forever...

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: MODS Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
There are not any justices in this free internet game, please quit comparing it to the law and governmental parties of the U.S.
I am currently the admin and head mod, there are two mods at this time, they are unable to be here much but do check in.
We were unable to find any others when we looked for mods however Kreso is aware and if we ever get busier or there is an issue then we will then again recruit new mods, however with only about 20-30 people playing currently it isnt likely. I am moving this as you have posted in the complaint section. Please use other sections when making suggestions or just making observations or have comments.

CYN, where is your human side? You have a real iron hand it seems. You know that I joke around with the law speak in other threads. However, there is a half truth to what I'm saying. I do believe we need more Justices or whatever you want to call them. Calling them "mods" is just too boring. I am being playful with the comparison to the US Supreme Court. I don't actually believe we should model the Galactic Magnate system on it entirely! It is an international community here after all. And the US Justice system isn't exactly the best model to follow. As you know, we have some real trouble here with it. Approval rating is 33%.

That being said, the idea of the 9 Justices is a good thing to model after. It's unrealistic we'll ever get 9. But whatever it is it should be an odd number. Otherwise you could get split votes.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

I agree and am currently looking for mods.
And Bez I didnt kick anyone from mod when trace quit, they left on own accord and that was their choice so believe what you want, I stepped up when she left cuz i had to and received nothing but grief from you ever since, no matter tho, it is what it is and I will just do what I can, hopefully we can find a few new mods that can be more active so the bad feelings can stop once and for all. I dont ask you to like me personally but would appreciate an end to the negative comments to me. But you will say and do what you wish as you always have.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm
bezma2

Oh , yes ... I did say and do what i wish but i did it for the best for GM ..... I was doing my job you know , modeartor job ....... and where you was ?....... Where you was when Trace neded help atacked from your buddys .... They did what you expected >>>Trace left .... but I wont talk about that any more ...you know the whole story .... You directed it ....
The job your doing now is the job what was expected from you to do when you were head mod before Trace and " simple " mod after Trace become head . The only thing is missing are new team of mods to help you with tournaments and all mod jobs ...... Thats my last ... end of story ,,,

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

CYN wrote:
I agree and am currently looking for mods.

I applaud you for that, CYN. I do realize that you are taking the time out of your daily life to volunteer your time here. I know how that is. When you volunteer your time you want it to be appreciated. So I definitely think that everyone here should be careful about being too critical of CYN. I think that it's important to point out your disagreements, as long as it's done in a fair manner. It's very hard to read others' intentions on a forum. You can't read the emotions of a face through type. And that's where I think a lot of misunderstandings can arise.