Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Bugs Some sort of bug
      All times are GMT  

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Some sort of bug Reply with quote

I was playing in a game a few minutes ago, in between 2:15-2:30AM UTC/GMT -2, and I was kicked from the game somehow. It was a 4p game with trish97206, falcon20, and elduderino. The game was going normally, and then suddenly trish left the game. This was not a big deal, but suddenly I got the disconnection screen. The D/C timer was at about 80 when I was kicked from the game. It was really surprising, and what else, I could not leave the screen that said I had quit. It froze me there for a minute or so before I could return to the lobby. All the while, I could see the game going on, which was weird as well. Anyways, I thought this might be some sort of bug; I doubt it was cheating of any kind because someone in the lobby said the same thing happened to them about 5 minutes later.

Also, I saw trish in the lobby afterwards, and she said she had a similar experience. I think she was looking to get points restored as well.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:11 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

the server disconnected for a short time.
no points were lost during this period.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 pm
trish97206
Moon

i totally lost points lol like 2k. i went from like 11k to 9k.. i'm positive:) it was also during a bid, so that might be why me and palabra got disconnected. I think my 2k should be restored:) lol

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:13 pm
Fort
Planet

trish97206 wrote:
i totally lost points lol like 2k. i went from like 11k to 9k.. i'm positive:) it was also during a bid, so that might be why me and palabra got disconnected. I think my 2k should be restored:) lol

greedy lady Razz

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:15 pm
trish97206
Moon

haha. hey, iunno either i forgot how to play, or blacks/whites totally control the game, or what, but keeping my butt at 11k seems to be hard! lol.

wish i could get back that 11k i lost once when we all entered a game and i dc'd in the first few minutes. (which i told you i probably would!) the good old days, where 11k worth of points wasn't anything.... lol

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Bug Reply with quote

Thanks Bill.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am
judd
Planet

Sorry to hear about your points loss trish, but the rules on dc and loosing points are as follows:
No points will be returned as a result of dc (someone will be up and someone will be down)

Once i was in a 2v2 tournament in the semi finals and about 5 min in to the game a member of the opposition got dc. Was game over and through to the next round.

Lest just hope it doesnt happen again, besides, 2k to you trish, easy to get back.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:08 am
trish97206
Moon

Post subject: sorry to bump this thread Reply with quote

did i really whine about 2k points? you guys should have shunned me this day for being so greedy lol.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:32 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Re: sorry to bump this thread Reply with quote

trish97206 wrote:
did i really whine about 2k points? you guys should have shunned me this day for being so greedy lol.

Hardly. We've all been there. xD Hah, and there was a time when 2k of points wasn't so inflationary.