Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions This game is not meant for intelligent people!!!
      All times are GMT  

Do you think its a good idea to move bonus from the 7th square to the 2nd square(Courtesy: Fingerbang)
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
It really wouldnt make a difference
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 45

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 am
SnickersBar
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason im pretty sure the dice r not generated by the normal physical 1/6 probablity for each which id really like to see on all rolls and situations no riggin plz otherwhise how do u explain rolling doubles once usually ending up in u rolling them again and then a third time which is kinda fishy. another thing if u trying to tactically out wit someone like auctioning the 3rd of their coulor when they are standing right in front of 2 consecutively filled colours with full upgrades thengiving it to them with the max u can to leave em just enough money to hit the upgraded spots and then be out the game early what happend and what i found really messed up was that the other 2 ppl to go before (4 player game) him both hit a question mark wich offerd to both of them to go to bonus which both declined in the hopes of him being cast out early in the game. so on his turn he as u would expect hit the only dam square which was not going to kill him. and i then landed on surprise surprise the bonus yeah um that got to be rigged im sorry that just dont happen in real life. all id like to see is the probablity of the dice roll to be as it would be in real life ALL THE TIME 1/6 for each die to roll a number and QUIT THE DOUBELING CURSE now when i roll 2 doublens and land on somthing possible to be auctioned i auction it no matter what cuz i know if i dont THERE IS A 80% CHANCE ILL END UP IN JAIL which i find not funny. plus i love the idea of ec going only to -300 or -400 and -5 for passing it as well as jail being reduced to 2 turns on EC since its a life saver and um last time i checked it shouldnt be. one time i was up 6000 bux on a guy and he got in jail 8 times on ec where i was paying myself stupid and he was laughing his ass off. otherwhise i must bust out the hex editor and upload rigged versions everywhere lol not really but still id like to see some changes

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:00 am
Fort
Planet

I will say read these threads. http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1353
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=325

It pretty well explains about dice.

If not convinced, take two physical dice and start rolling them. Or simply make a small computer program for that. A program to simulate 1 lac 2-dice rolls.

Now you might say you feel codes in GM are rigged so that it does not follow those rules. Give me one reason why developer will have any interest whatsoever in favoring 6 or 8 over 2 or 12. Its not that 6 or 8 are their relatives or friends.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 am
muffinhead
Planet

good old booga what happened to him. He would proberbly become number one if he returened.

Anyaways it was intrestng to see that the chances of landing on jail were the highest % of any on the board. May i suggest swaping this with the black instead of bonus just to c by curiousity what woud happen.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:33 am
Fort
Planet

nah i think he included chance of 3 doubles in jail, it has nothing to do with jail position. though i m not sure.

so far as triples go, there is 1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6 = 1/216 that is 1 roll in 216 rolls will result in prison from triple rolls, which makes about 4 prisons from that in whole game.. average number of prison is about 15 in any game. out of that go to prison fortune, direct rolling into prison account for major portion

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:26 pm
-Legend-

Evening out luck, i heard a comment about,
If you even out luck, then the dice rolls wouldnt be random, hence making the game even more of a coin flip,

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:10 am
MrCrabbs

Fingerbang said:
'I do think a lot of people who cry about bad luck and make other claims have an ill-directed mind set. I have said this before, that most of us only remember the times we hit extractors or utilities, not the times we miss them, we only remember the times we roll 6+6 then 5+5 then 5+6 in a recession but don’t remember the time we roll a 3 and 4.'

I 100% agree. I don't understand how anyone can say they always get bad luck and believe that. If you want to say that it feels that way, that's different, but even then Fingerbang is correct, it is merely your perception, and indeed your mind-set is the issue, not a mischievous god of luck, bent on your destruction.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Lol. For all you who voted "It will not make a difference", you need to learn year 4 maths.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Quote:
Lol. For all you who voted "It will not make a difference", you need to learn year 4 maths.

I'm not quite sure what that means. I voted it would not make a difference because shifting the bonus would mean that the probability of landing on the bonus will reduce, especially from start. Which means less money supply/less liquidity. Which means that the players can no longer count on frequent bonuses. Which means that they will need to tweak their strategy by becoming a little more conservative.

The people who have voted yes are those who have not been able to adapt to the current situation and the people who have voted no are not willing to adapt their style of play to a new situation.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 am
fingerbun
Planet

So your saying moving bonus would make a difference, yet you say:

ranban282 wrote:

I voted it would not make a difference

Ummmm??

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

I mean that it will make a difference - people will need to tweak their strategy, but one is not better than the other in any way.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:43 am
fingerbun
Planet

yet you voted "it would not make a difference". Maybe you should have voted simply "no".

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 am
fingerbun
Planet

Its comforting to know that there are 16 players who really think that moving bonus will not make a difference. If any of you are in the 16, you have a poor grasp of the game. I still love you all though. Especially Aussie.