Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints JIMMYNARAN AND JOAOMCM
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: JIMMYNARAN AND JOAOMCM Reply with quote

Bill,
Please review the game i was just in. It was a 4P game with jimmynarang, osaga joaomcm and myself as jenny1.
joaomcm cursed a few times stopped when i informed them i was a mod. jimmynarang continued calling me names and ruining the game stating i was helping osaga which was not the case and continued throughout the game. I pm'd trace and had her ask him to stop and i wiould like this reviewed please and thank you (NOTE: please check message in mod section this is a repeat player that i banned before i went on vacation)
game ended at 9:15 central U.S. time lasted about an hour.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:28 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: My side Reply with quote

Hello,
I was about to post my reply, but happened to read http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1358. If I reply to the above post, i will be violating points 8 & 11. So is there any way I can complain about the decision that the moderators have taken/the way they've behaved?
Thanks

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: My side Reply with quote

Ok, I've seen other posts questioning the moderator's decision, so I will post my side anyway.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I was playing in a 4p game which involved me (ranban282) and jenny1. Jenny1 was repremanding a player for something. I think she meant to say that she was a mod, but she typed something like >>>Mod. I thought it was some sort of an easter egg command to attract a mod's attention to a game. So I typed it to see if anything happened. I was immediately threatened with action by jenny1 for impersonating a mod. I tried to clarify it, and was met with more rudeness. So I called jenny1 a prick. I was told that I had earned myself a ban. Later trace told me that it wasnt a full ban - that my points were reduced to 500 and that any further points that I got would be reduced back to 500, and that the points would be given back at some later date.

I did not think it would be worth protesting against this, as I could continue to play GM. But it got boring to play low rated players all the time. I created a new account, jimmynarang and started playing. I do not think that this was illegal as I had not been banned.

Then today, in the game that CYN/jenny mentioned, jenny1 first opened up the reds and practically handed over the game to the osaga (Though he still managed to lose). Me and joaomcm protested immediately, and Jenny1 started acting in an overbearing manner again, and I, given the past history, happened to call her a twit.

I played another game after that, and gained around 6000 points from it. Then I discovered that my points had been reduced to 1000. At this stage my fuse blew and I started ranting in the lobby. Trace being the only mod present bore the brunt of it.

I protest my ban, because I think it was inappropriate in the first place, but I don't really care for the points - I play GM for fun, not points.

I would like the concerned people (Bill et al) to note that jenny1/cyn is acting in an extremely overbearing manner and ruining the GM experience for many players.

Sorry for the long post - I felt that all the points needed to be covered.

In the ~8 months that I've been here, i've always known GM as a fun place, and it would be a pity if an overbearing mod ruined it.

Last edited by ranban282 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:28 pm
diron
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

good post ranban282

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: The plaintiff and the judge are the same Reply with quote

Another thing, if the action against me was indeed justifiable, why was it not posted on the forum? Why did the mods want to keep it hush hush?

Also, I was told by trace back then that I had to contact CYN about this - as I said in post #3 that I didn't bother appealing my ban then - and I thought CYN was just another mod who dealt with abuses, etc. But today when I saw this thread I was truly shocked - jenny1 and CYN are the same, and jenny1 was the complainant and also one who took the decision on point reduction! I request the concerned pepole to go over the two episodes thoroughly.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:50 pm
trace567

Post subject: Ranban282 quotes Reply with quote

from:ranban282 to:GAME403126 2009/07/26 11:39:26 : faggots

from:ranban282 to:GAME403131 2009/07/26 12:11:40 : are you a born retard, (user name removed)?

from:ranban282 to:GAME403189 2009/07/26 16:19:09 : stfu kid

from:ranban282 to:JENNY1 2009/07/26 17:17:26 : you are a prick

from:ranban282 to:GAME402599 2009/07/24 07:39:30 : bunch of wankers

from:ranban282 to:GAME402489 2009/07/23 20:45:49 : screw all of you... partly m y fault... but all of you are wankers

from:ranban282 to:GAME402610 2009/07/24 10:10:02 : you're a f_word, (user name removed)

Just a snap shot of ranban's choice of words to players before everyone gets on the bandwagon of how crap mods are and how they abuse their power.

Unfortuneatly banning ranban has been unsuccessful so therefore a decision was made to reduce points on his accounts.

After he again started to cause trouble within a game cyn was playing she had me check the logs. I did and found jimmy repeatedly calling her a twit. Due to things he said about why he was being so rude was that she had had his friend banned. Now as my memory is pretty good I recalled the player and checked, and low and behold it was ranban trying to be someone else. Now I got the truth in the end last night after he started typing the wrong things on the wrong username to make sense and proved he was the same player.

He was also told by me at the time his points were first altered that they would be undo after the time he should of been serving a ban would end. He tried to get round this by creating a new account, only because I figured him out and then removed all points as he had been warned previously would happen, he kicked up a fuss.

So go ahead folks and catch the bandwagon on how terrible mods are. I'm just very sorry that ranban has not be able to be sucessfully removed for players sake.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm
trace567

Just to add players should understand that moderators work on the bigger picture, as in we see previous trouble in logs. It may only be that they behave badly towards a player or moderator and that leads us to back check on the player to see how they behave in general. So therefore decisions are made based on ALL facts and ALL evidence relating to the player. Not just the encounter we had with them personally.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:30 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Why has my banning been unsuccessful? I would prefer that I were banned and started with a clean slate.

Quote:

Just to add players should understand that moderators work on the bigger picture, as in we see previous trouble in logs. It may only be that they behave badly towards a player or moderator and that leads us to back check on the player to see how they behave in general. So therefore decisions are made based on ALL facts and ALL evidence relating to the player. Not just the encounter we had with them personally.

So that means that had I not called jenny1 a p****, no action would've been taken against me? This makes no sense at all.

If you have so much time on your hands, then, as an exercise, why don't you run iteratively through a list of users (writing a program shouldn't be difficult), and search for well known swear words and ban them all.

Most of my swear words were used in anger, when a player did something extremely stupid, or there was definite collusion. I never subjected anyone to a torrent of abuse unlike some others.

And I still do not understand why this was not posted in the forum.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:58 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

I was kicked from the lobby at roughly 16:00 GMT. Have I been banned or have just my points been reduced? If the latter, them why was I kicked? If the former, then why isn't it on the forum?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm
trace567

ranban282 (conn) 129292 no 2009-08-05 17:21:27 2009-07-26 17:21:27 CYN 10 days for using <<<mod in game and was warned then called mod a prick

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:45 pm
trace567

ranban282 (conn) -8562 undo 2009-07-30 23:04:36 CYN for bypassing ban. will replace points when ban is up which has been extended to 8/31/9

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Quote:
ranban282 (conn) 129292 no 2009-08-05 17:21:27 2009-07-26 17:21:27 CYN 10 days for using <<<mod in game and was warned then called mod a prick

Unless one happens to be a speaker of fluent twit, I fail to see how the characters <<<mod can make any sense to anyone? A google search for <<<mod leads me to the Indian Ministry of Defence, and a search for <<<moderator leads to a google app called google moderator. Repeat - this makes no sense whatsoever - I conveyed as much in my conversation with jenny1/cyn. If anyone can show me reliable source where <<<mod means "i'm a moderator" I'll gladly eat my words.

I have never tried to pretend to be a mod - don't see what I would gain by doing that.

If I was banned, why wasnt I told so? It is not on the forum. I remember being categorically told by trace this morning (check the conversation logs) that I wasn't banned, and had I been banned I wouldn't be there. So therefore I take it that I was not banned. If I was not banned, then the question of bypassing the ban does not arise.(Henceforth extension and ban in single quotes) Therefore the 'extension' of the 'ban' is inappropriate and meaningless.

I was told by trace around Aug 5 that my points would be returned on Aug 31, - check the conversation logs - as opposed to Aug 15 . From the above post i gather that she had made a mistake then. This was a reason in my being rude to jenny today - a month long ban, IMHO, would've been a clear example of autocratic behaviour and disproportionate penalty.

I did wound up trace in the morning, but that was because she refused to answer the question(s) I asked (As to which mod decided to ban me) . I left almost immediately after the question(s) were answered.

I strongly believe that the moderators have not been open, and have not followed the correct procedure, and that the 'extension' of the 'ban' must be overturned.

I would much appreciate it if some of the mods could go over the relavent conversation logs coolly,logically and objectively and determine if:

1) CYN's behaviour (on both occasions ) was overbearing
2) the 'extension' of the 'ban' justified?

I think that there're bigger issues here - moderators acting egoistically, inappropriately and secretively - than a measly two week ban.

I also would like to say that I deeply regret my behaviour to other players - the only defence is that I said it in anger to players who were irritating (abusive/timewasting/collusive) and said it at most once or twice - and never carried it on - I usually resigned or shut up.

I realize now that muting the players may have been abetter option, and that if I had suspected collusion, I should've kept quiet and posted it in the forum - I shall do so in future.

I think I've refuted/tried to explain everyting I was accused of.

Apologies for what may sound like a rantish post, but I think the things needed saying, and sincerely hope that the powers that be treat this post objectively and not as a rant.

Hoping for a constructive response,
Ranban

Last edited by ranban282 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:38 pm
trace567

Gawd give me strength. Rolling Eyes

He now wishes to waste other mods time checking if arses were wiped in the correct manner.

I'm sick of people who misbehave and abuse and ruining players games thinking they have rights to this that and everything else including the kitchen sink, you lost the right the moment you called players names etc.

Why the hell should anyone waste another moment on you? You have wasted hours of my time today. When all this stems from the fact you were extremely unpleasant to players in games and got caught. End of.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Quote:
Gawd give me strength. Rolling Eyes

He now wishes to waste other mods time checking if arses were wiped in the correct manner.

I'm sick of people who misbehave and abuse and ruining players games thinking they have rights to this that and everything else including the kitchen sink, you lost the right the moment you called players names etc.

Why the hell should anyone waste another moment on you? You have wasted hours of my time today. When all this stems from the fact you were extremely unpleasant to players in games and got caught. End of.

The same response that I have got accustomed to from the mods ove the past two weeks. HAve you actually read everyting I've said, and are any of them false?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 pm
diron
Moon

as i read his posts i think he really sorry, and all that is one big mess.
but once again mods(trace) shows us logs of his abusive language, and never shows logs of CYN language.(thats few times by now, when the mod CYN is involved)
so to be clear for all GM comunity please show us both sides or dont show logs at all!
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next