Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support Intimidation
      All times are GMT  

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Post subject: Intimidation Reply with quote

I just read this report http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4351
I havent fully understood what exactly is intimidating other players into not bidding properties.
Said by Mattie:
Quote:
imouttaideas , you cant try to intimidate people into not bidding on your props

I havent found any rules on this topic.I would like to know more specifically at what level intimidating is against the rules.

I have witnessed phrases like : -dont bid you will loose -dont be crazy its too much etc. Are they forbidden?

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Reply with quote

Intimidation is the direct harassment or threatening of other players into getting what you want from them. I do not know what "imoutofideas" said but I believe Matt has seen and has a good reason to warn him of abuse.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

there is no such rules specifically against intimidation , but i see it as a unsporting and not in the right spirit, but if you are fine with playing opponents who do it , i do not see any problems with it .

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am
Nilo911
Moon

MATTIE wrote:
there is no such rules specifically against intimidation , but i see it as a unsporting and not in the right spirit, but if you are fine with playing opponents who do it , i do not see any problems with it .

As long as there are no rules against intimidation, my opinion is that it should be acceptable.However I have heard several people who are offended when they are intimidated.Therefore I never use that tactic against others and leave them decide on their own.

Question In order to avoid such unsporting behavior ,can you specify or give examples of intimidation?

Question Is there a difference between persuading and intimidating ,or is it considered the same?

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:21 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

nilo911 , i am not allowed to post chat logs here to make you understand more clearly , but what immoutaideas does is deliberately blocks and plays against a person who bids a little more than what he has in his mind. Marydacat has been banned several times over this and immoutaideas is walking along the same path.

for eg , when a player says ' last ' during bidding and gives it to the other player i see no harm in it . but making comments like ' wait till you land on your last red' and overbidding on it , making it apparent that he is targetting a particular player out of spite just for over-bidding are the things which i refer to as unsporting , if someone does it game after game they will get banned. If this info was not enough , pm me , i ll explain to you.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:22 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Although I didnt refer on that particular incident, I see your point now.Im happy to know that saying ''last'' is not against the rules, because I do use it in my playstyle.Thnx for the info Matt.