Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate Strategy Case study: Number of hits as a function of economy
      All times are GMT  

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:23 pm
hrs111111
Planetoid

Post subject: Case study: Number of hits as a function of economy Reply with quote

Hey,

I was doing some math on the game and felt like the following piece of information can really help improve the valuation of properties.

Lets start with 2p games

What do you think is the average number of hits that happen on any blocks of three (say purples, or light blues) for each change of 100 in the economy before recession (say from 200 to 100, or 100 to 0), and after recession (say -100 to -200).

If we need more depth, we can take three cases
a) when both players are pro-progress
b) when both players are pro-recession
c) when one player is pro-recession and the other is pro-progress

For now, I think we can consider c) as the most frequent situation, where the player who is at an advantage favors recession and the opponent favors progress.

It would be interesting to know the same information for whites/blacks as well.

> What do you people think the answer is (as most of us evaluate the folding price of the third property by intuition)?
> Also, it will be very helpful if you could note the same data for three or four games and post the results here.

Thanks,
hrs

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Re: Case study: Number of hits as a function of economy Reply with quote

hrs111111 wrote:
Hey,

I was doing some math on the game and felt like the following piece of information can really help improve the valuation of properties.

You were doing some maths? We are your results bra? Instead you ask others for the answer…. Hilarious.

Now I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at, but I will have a go. Simply speaking, there is no formula to figure out the amount of hits per set within a start price fluctuation. Every game varies, some games I have seen it sit on +195 for what seems like forever. Other games I have seen it go from +150 to recession in a matter of minutes.

Bonus and multiple choice options influence the game so much. If you were run an experiment over several games your results will be all over the place.

I have always gone by the rule that a player will hit a set of 3 squares once every 3 passes (on average). This means that on approach to a set, you are around 33% chance of paying some rent.

But lets look at the perfect scenario….

Another rule I self preach is every revolution of the board equals -$7 in start money (for two player game). After recession -$17 per revolution. These are probably the best averages I can give, but as stated, every game is so different. I would not live and die by this fingerbun theory.

So, lets look at an example.

You have the light blue set fully upgraded and cash is $200+ at start. How many hits would you get by the time start is paying $100?

Well if every revolution by both players equals -$7, it would take around 14 revolutions or 14 passes of the light blue set to have start money drop to $100.

Since I estimate a set is hit 33% on passing, 4-5 lands would probably be what you would expect every $100 decline in start money.

However, it would surprise me if you were given 10-12 hits or even none. Sometimes its just not your day.