Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions WHERE IS THE GALAXY
      All times are GMT  

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 am
molecule
Planet

Post subject: WHERE IS THE GALAXY Reply with quote

This change looks pretty major, what about the pictures for the players that really enjoy a good science-fantasy game. While it is still called magnate the galactic part seems to be missing. I think part of the problem is that alot of complaints happen but no one posts or blogs about how much they really like the old version even with its faults. i have heard opinions that the new game is not designed for adults and that someday in the future charging players may become an issue, i have put forth the idea of paying to keep the server, however i was told that money wasnt the issue. Im not saying that it may not be worth it, or that it wouldnt be an enjoyable game, I am just asking if it would be possible to keep this game and forum as maybe GalacticClassic, a game that is looked forward to being played, a game sincerly enjoyed by many, a place where friends and rivals alike meet, both with a passion for this game and its unique style of gameplay. or will this version be totally out of existence? i thought the original idea was to fix the bugs, not totally refashion and rename the cards. The examples i can find look like they would be very compatable for a phone or small device, but a little oversimplifide for desktop play. my suggestion would be if it matters to keep GM as it is and go ahead with the new magnate and let players transition as they would please, giving the players the choice to play either classic or new, depending on their needs and preference.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:39 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Reply with quote

Molecule presents a very vaild point. Why completely scrap this version of the game when people still enjoy it? Why not keep this along with the new one? Perhaps give the NewMagnate a site of its very own?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 am
molecule
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

so does this verify that GM is going to be scrapped and as of the 15th ive been to the last performance of the cyborg theatre? clearly these will be two different games.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zq9bg21z4kxmm13/fK1Pk28qKY/magnate.design/magnat.facebook.png#f:magnateFacebook08.png
while it does look exciting and fun, it is still not the same as playing
http://www.galacticmag.com/Screenshot2.html
if this is a suggestion thread then why is it not possible to use the graphics and names of the original game? out of the dozens or maybe even hundreds of players that have enjoyed this game for years i am surprised there are not more of them posting their opinion about saving the format of galactic magnate, can not both exist or is it one or the other and that is why so many galactic pioneers have turned their back on this. if given the choice i believe both games would support each other and increase the number of players for both. I strongly recommend having both games available to players. is this a possibility or should i try to find a team to save the galactic magnate so many of us play as a weekly pastime?
For your ponderance:

this is your chance to be heard and maybe your last chance of salvaging something that has become a tradition to many players around the world.
ok sorry i didnt find this sooner
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5787
was beginning to wonder why it hadnt came up b4.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:23 am
fifacoins14

Post subject: capitalize on a new electric entire world Reply with quote

Who want to scrub capitalize on a new electric entire world.